For Laneia’s eighth birthday, she wanted to have a surprise party. I think we succeeded to surprise her!!! She had no idea. Matt picked her up from school while her friends arrived. She was totally shocked since I had told her that we were just going to do something with just dad and I instead. For her party we made jewelry out of duck tape (they have some pretty cool colors these days) and had cake and presents. At the very end we played the pot game where you hide candy under a pot and play hot and cold for the blindfolded person to find it. The cake that she asked for she picked out off of pictures from the internet. It turned out well since I made the cake and cookie part ahead of time and for once didn’t try to do it all in one day. The friends that came were Avery Moore, Michelle Akagi, Lily Lewis, and Michelle Castleberry. Matt was so helpful and watched the other kids for me so that she could have time with just her friends. Fun times!!