Thursday, October 27, 2011

David is definately TWO

This is David's favorite thing to say from the hours of 12:00 -3:00 pm every day. He is turning into quite the stubborn little two year old. He is in his crib right now as I am typing, and who knows if he will stop chattering and actually fall asleep. It is a truth that I am still trying to deny--he is getting older, and naps will eventually fade out. It has been that way with each of the kids. However, this time around, I have really relished when David is taking a nap. He is a darling kid, but always on the go and ALWAYS into something. I really need to figure out more activities to do with him.

His other favorite saying right now is, "I do it". That comes with every single thing he does. That included, much to my frustration this morning, the tube of toothpaste. Eventually, he will let me open the packaging of something if he can't (note that he has to try it first), but then I am only to start opening it. If I go to far, he throws a fit. I am learning quickly what is too much help and what is just enough.

All of that said, I still adore David and his "boyishness". The other day at his Grandma's house, he found my purse on the counter, got into it, took out the keys, walked out the front door, unlocked the van, and got inside to play. Luckily he didn't start the car (which he does know how to do). It was at least 5 minutes or more before anyone inside noticed how quiet it was and started looking for him. It didn't take too long to notice the front door wide open and to trace him to the car. He can play in the car all day and never get tired of it. I can't help but imagine all of the trouble he will get into in the next couple of years.
Posted by Picasa